I am delighted to bring you details of our 10 Year Celebratory National Non Medical Prescribing Conference "Raising the Bar” which is being delivered at two choices of venue. The target audience for this event is for anyone who is a qualified independent Non Medical Prescriber as well as those leading in the education, management and development of Non Medical Prescribing. Others who have an interest in this area are welcome to attend.
We are holding a ‘Question Time Panel’ slot designed to respond to questions that you have, in relation to NMP. Please use the opportunity to send your question in to us (see page 3 of the application form).
As with previous events there is the opportunity to network with colleagues working in similar roles and in the afternoon there are two breakout sessions, one designed for pharmacists particularly those working in community and primary care and the other for nurses and allied health professionals.
As part of our 10 year celebration, the delegate fee has been kept at the same price as our conference in 2010. We have a special offer in place for all applications received by 31st May 2017. Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
I hope that you will be able to attend this conference. You will see there are some exceptional speakers who have agreed to attend and who will provide excellent information during the day. I look forward to receiving your application form and payment in order to secure your place at the conference.
- Registration & Refreshments
- Welcome and Introduction
- Fiona Peniston-Bird
- Key Note Address
- Trudy Thomas Director of Taught Graduate Studies
- Medway School of Pharmacy
- The Future of Non Medical Prescribing
- Is it revolutionising patient’s access to medicines or is it a nice addition to a CV?
- Dianne Hogg AHP Medicines Project Lead NHS England
- Questions & answers followed by coffee
- Setting the Record Straight
- The importance of high quality record keeping in relation to prescribing
- Richard Griffith Senior Lecturer Swansea University
- NMP Question time
- Ask the panel. Topical debate answering questions from the floor. (get questions asked in the application)
- Lunch and networking
- Workshops (Choose A or B)
- A. Pharmacist NMP
- Denise Rabbette Head of Medicines Optimisation (Thurrock CCG hosted service on behalf of Basildon and Brentwood CCG), & NMP Support Tutor Medway School of Pharmacy
- Trudy Thomas Director of Taught Graduate Studies Medway School of Pharmacy
- B. Standards of prescribing practice for Nurse & AHP NMPs
- Dianne Bowskill Associate Professor, Director of Quality Assurance, lead for Non Medical Prescribing, University of Nottingham
- How to get the best out of your BNF
- This lecture looks at the range of information contained in the BNF and reviews various features that allow it to be used as a tool to achieve rational use of prescribing medicine. Kate Towers Head of Content, BNF
- The Future of Non Medical Prescribing (Strategic/generic session for all)
- Gail Fleming Head of Pharmacy, Health Education England (LaSE)