Non Medical Prescribing Update Training 1 day Up to 35 delegates.
This is in-house training - we come to your organisation and deliver to your staff on an agreed date at a venue chosen and arranged by you. All participants will receive training materials and certificates of attendance.
The Course Aim
To update participants in a variety of infections and their treatments
By the end of the session participants will have an increased understanding of:
• The chain of infection
• Antimicrobial difficile
• Non-antibiotic methods: Better hygiene
• Antibiotic use
• Respiratory tract infections
• Urinary tract infections
• Influences of antibiotic prescribing including the pharmacology of the main antibiotic drug groups
• The evidence base behind antibiotic prescribing for common infections
• Resistance issues
• Competency in clinical assessment skills
• Key issues around infection control
• Communicating with patients
Participants will be sent a workbook to complete prior to the course in order to enable them to get the most out of the “Prescribing Antibiotics” study day. Participants should bring a BNF with them.
Our trainer Jerome Durodie, is a clinical lecturer at Medway School of Pharmacy. He is a pharmacist and has community experience, both as manager, regular locum and was Prescribing Advisor at East Surrey PCT from 2000 - 2007. Jerome was subsequently Public Health Pharmacist in the newly reorganised Surrey PCT, until 2008. He became a National Prescribing Centre therapeutics trainer in 2003.