(Up to 35 delegates)
This is in-house training – we come to your organisation and deliver to your staff on an agreed date at a venue chosen and arranged by you. All participants will receive training materials and certificates of attendance.
The Course Aim
The aim of the course is to understand and develop an increased competency in communication and consultation skills that will enhance diagnostic reasoning and more appropriate prescribing.
By the end of the session participants will have:
• Developed increased competency in communication and consultation skills linked to prescribing.
• Increased understanding of the processes of diagnostic reasoning and formulation of differential diagnoses.
• Greater confidence to undertake autonomous holistic consultations in order to make more appropriate management decisions.
• Communication skills discussion.
• Consultation models overview.
• Diagnostic decision making.
• Consultation case study scenarios.
Please bring your BNF with you.
Our trainer, Liz Williams has been a nurse since 1992 and qualified in 2010 as an independent prescriber. She has a background speciality in cardiology and has had the benefit of working in secondary and primary care within this therapeutic area. Liz was a project manager for the Coronary Heart Disease collaborative in South East London, implementing the CHD National Standard Framework. In more recent years she was a cardiac specialist nurse and was the Prescribing Programme Lead Nurse at Medway School of Pharmacy. Liz is a qualified lecturer, undertaking the PGCE in 2014 and within a year, achieved an MSc in Advanced Nursing Practice. She is currently employed as a Senior Lecturer at Canterbury Christchurch University.