(Up to 35 delegates)
This is in-house training – we come to your organisation and deliver to your staff on an agreed date at a venue chosen and arranged by you. All participants will receive training materials and certificates of attendance.
The aim of the course is to increase understanding of the principles of good prescribing and the therapeutic decision making in relation to the RPS Single Competency Framework for all Prescribers.
By the end of the session participants will have:
• Developed an increased understanding in the processes involved in therapeutic decision making and factors affecting it.
• Increased understanding of their own prescribing practice.
• Greater understanding of how and where drug errors take place and strategies to reduce error.
• "Keeping tabs" on the influences on you as a prescriber - therapeutic decision making and factors affecting it.
• "Keeping tabs" on your own prescribing - prescribing safely and accountably.
• "Keeping tabs" - an exploration of the common pitfalls in prescribing and medicines administration and analysis of drug error case studies.
• "Keeping tabs" on your professional development as a prescriber - issues, opportunities and considerations.
Please ensure you bring your BNF with you.
Our trainer Claire Granger BSc (Hons) Dip N/P PG Dip ED RGN, is an advanced nurse practitioner working in Primary care, and more recently has joined the teaching team at Medway School of Pharmacy, teaching on the Non Medical Prescribing programme. Claire trained orginally at Guy's and St Thomas' hospital London, later studied for her degree and independent nurse prescribing with London South Bank University. She has spent most of her career working for the NHS in various job roles across South London and Kent. Her job roles have included teaching per and post-registration nursing and she has a special interest in Non Medical Prescribing and Advanced Physical Examination Skills.