The Course Aim
To update participants on the national guidelines for respiratory disease management including both the acute and chronic phases of COPD and Asthma in adults.
By the end of the session participants will have an increased understanding of:
- The pharmacological management of stable COPD
- The pharmacological management of COPD - infective and non-infective exacerbations
- The pharmacological management of stable asthma in adults
- The pharmacological management of poorly controlled asthma in adults
- The use of Oxygen in COPD
This update will utilise lectures and small group work to enhance participant understanding of how to manage different patient groups. Case studies will be used to focus the mind and give realistic examples of patient presentation.
Katharine Plumbe MSc BSc (Hons) ARTP Qualified
Kath is a Consultant Respiratory Physiotherapist who specialises in the management of respiratory disease in Primary Care. Her background is in the NHS where she led an award-winning Specialist Community Respiratory Team in Kent. In 2011, along with her colleague Natasha Beckett, Kath set up an independent company called RespiriCare Limited which provides a whole range of respiratory training, consultancy and services for the NHS and private sector. You can see more about Respiricare and view Kath’s CV at www.respiricare.com